The Dojo Kun are rules which serve as the foundation of how we structure our behaviors and they exemplify the values we as karate practitioners strive to hold in our everyday lives on and off the dojo floor. They are the result of ancient Okinawan karate tradition which still holds powerful and relevant to this day both for those who practice karate and those who don't. The dojo kun are universal in their application to develop exemplary behavior for the construction of a peaceful and free world. They bring us together for a central purpose we can all rally around and are not limited to any race, creed, color, culture, or religion.
- 1To Strive for a Good Moral Character
- 2To Keep an Honest and Sincere Way
- 3To Cultivate Perseverance or a Will for Striving
- 4To Develop a Respectful Attitude
- 5To Restrain My Physical Ability Through Spiritual Attainment